The Malaysian Menopause Society (MMS) was founded in 1997 as a non-profit organization by a group of dedicated specialist doctors who believed in empowering men and women with evidence-based and scientific knowledge of this important phase in a woman’s life.
In the last two decades, MMS has evolved into a full-fledged society with a strong community comprising the public and healthcare professionals. As Malaysia and the rest of the world heads towards ageing society status, MMS is at the forefront of change for the community and nation in bringing health literacy and support services for people aged 45 and above.
What stays unchanged at the heart of MMS are our Mission and Vision:
* To promote the education on menopause and climateric and all its related disorders
* To create a forum for the discussion of the problems associated with menopause and climateric.
* To facilitate an inter-disciplinary approach to these problems.
* To liaise with various colleges and other interested societies to assist in these aims.
* To liaise with similar groups internationally both to disseminate knowledge and to study menopause and climacteric.
* To promote the teaching of its discipline throughout Malaysia and its neighbours.
* To improve the standard of clinical care of menopausal problems.
* To consider all questions affecting the interests of the Society, including any legislative or other measures concerned with menopause as are directly related to the interest of the Society or its members.
* To confer or correspond with any association, institution or society or body or individuals whether incorporated or not in relation to any of other objectives of the Society.